The CTEC Level 3 study programme is designed to meet the changing circumstances within the health and social care sectors.
The Level 3 Extended Certificate offers you a qualification that is equivalent to one A Level which can be combined with other CTEC or A Level qualifications to form a basis for progression to undergraduate studies relating to a range of careers or into a work environment. The units of study contain a variety of different topics, and teaching and assessment methods that will help you to develop your general skills, as well as your knowledge and understanding of care related issues.
Please note: The Extendended Certificate in Health and Social Care is equivalent to one A Level. The Diploma is equivalent to two A Levels.
Merit in BTEC Level 2 in Health and Social Care OR Grade 5 in GCSE Child Development
Grade 4 in GCSE English Literature or English Language
What will I study?
- Building positive relationships in Health and Social Care
- Equality, diversity and rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, safety and security in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and physiology for Health and Social Care
- Public health
- Supporting people with mental health conditions
How will I be assessed?
Units 2, 3 and 4 are assessed by examination and externally marked.
The remaining units are internally assessed coursework units which are externally moderated.
Further Education and Careers in Health and Social Care
Courses you could study at university include:
- Social Work
Careers which require a Health and Social Care qualification include:
- Community Development Worker
- Further Education Teacher
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Service Manager
- Medical Sales Representative
Please look at this work which will prepare you for your studies.