My name is Miss Hickman, and I am the Lead Coordinator for Student Aspiration at South Craven.
This means I work with all year groups (but mainly Sixth Formers) about how to reach their goals and aspirations.
I work mainly with students who aspire to study Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Medicine, and Law, and also any student debating applying to Oxford or Cambridge universities. However, I have also worked with students interested in Nursing, Midwifery, Primary Education, Engineering and many more subject areas.
Areas of support I offer to students are:
- Advise students about courses/routes available to them and what they can do to get there
- Support with the application process
- Planning interview preparation sessions and providing practise interviews
- Delivering entry test preparation sessions
- Provide ideas and resources for work experience and wider reading ideas
- Help with personal statement writing
- Work with alumni and external agencies to provide support to students
I also arrange discussions with Alumni from South Craven who can come in to discuss their career or personal journey with our current students. If you are interested in this, please do get in touch via the Alumni page of the website here.
Links to useful resources: