We have a dedicated Sixth Form Centre offering a space for Sixth Form students only.
This space has:
- TV screens to keep you up to date with current issues and life at South Craven
- The Hatch, a refectory which sells a variety of freshly produced meals and snacks. The Hatch is exclusive to and only used by Sixth Form students and staff
- A small Careers Area providing you with information on progression through UCAS and apprenticeships. This space also contains up-to-date prospectuses for colleges and universities and several computers with internet access
- All Sixth Form teaching takes place on the main school campus and has access to all of its facilities.
- This means that you have access to:
- Fells Hall, a state-of-the-art lecture theatre and performance space
- A well-resourced and fully equipped Learning Resource Centre which includes an ICT area and quiet work space. The LRC also has a private meeting room which can be made available to you through a booking process
- A quiet reading area and further ICT rooms, including a dedicated Sixth Form IT room in our Eastburn Building
- Outstanding school facilities across all subject areas
All Sixth Form students are supported throughout.
- A Head of Sixth Form, a Head of Year 13 and a Head of Year 12 for all pastoral and learning needs
- A highly experienced Support Team offering advice and guidance at every stage of progression. This team has excellent links with employers, universities, colleges and training providers
- A Sixth Form Coaching Team offering one-to-one support across all learning and pastoral needs
- A Sixth Form Student Committee which takes responsibility for the organisation of Sixth Form social events throughout the year. Places on the committee are subject to a rigorous process