In Photography we will teach you to look at the world in a creative way.
This will enable you to apply original, analytical and critical thinking to any other course that you do. Throughout the course, you will learn about digital photographic media, techniques and processes.
You will develop an awareness of critical analyses of artists’ work helping to develop your own ideas through awareness, practical application and written reflections. You will demonstrate all practical learning, ideas development and critical analysis through the use of sketchbooks.
What will I study?
- Documentary Photography
- Experimental Imagery
- Landscape Photography
- Photographic Installation
- Still Life Photography
- Video, Television and Film
How will I be assessed?
Assessment Objective 1
- Develop your ideas through sustained and focused investigations informed by contextual and other sources, demonstrating analytical and critical understanding
Assessment Objective 2
- Experiment with and select appropriate resources, media, materials, techniques and processes, reviewing and refining your ideas as your work develops
Assessment Objective 3
- Record in visual and/or other forms ideas, observations and insights relevant to your intentions, demonstrating an ability to reflect on your work and progress
Assessment Objective 4
- Present a personal, informed and meaningful response demonstrating critical understanding, realising intentions and, where appropriate, making connections between visual, written, oral or other elements
Further Education and Careers in Photography
What can I study with a Photography qualification?
Courses you could study at university include:
- Media Studies
- Photography and Film
What career could I have with a Photography qualification?
Careers which require a Photography qualification include:
- Advertising Art Director
- Film / Video Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Magazine Features Editor
- Medical Illustrator
- Press Photographer
- Television Camera Operator
Thinking of studying Photography in September 2021?
Take a look at this bridging work in preparation for your course.