We pride ourselves on the fact that the trainees who have benefitted from training at South Craven want to come back and work with us.
Here are some testimonies from staff members that trained with us:
Pippa Roberts - Teacher of Science
"The programme was well organised and I felt really well supported across all departments at school with lots of input across different teams. My mentor and NQT coordinators gave so much of their time and energy to helping me get the most I could from my first year of training and I always had someone to turn to. It was helpful being able to reguarly meet with the other new members of staff or trainees so we could discuss concerns, ask questions and compare experiences, which always felt reassuring.
I am so proud to work at South Craven and feel so lucky to be a part of this team who all want the best for each and every student and colleague (which is a lovely feeling!).
The location is beautiful and worth every minute of my commute because of all the staff, the headteacher and the students. We have a great mix of rural and urban communities at which increases the diversity of views, backgrounds and cultures in our staff and students and I think this is what contributes to having such a great community feel."
Jayne Johnson - Teacher of Mathematics
"I enjoyed my training placement at South Craven very much. My timetable included all year groups and abilities, ensuring my experience was varied. I had amazing support from the all faculty members - everyone was so generous with their time, making asking for advice very easy. In addition to subject specific training, the school ran a very comprehensive training programme on things such school policies, behaviour management, safeguarding and IT.
South Craven is a unique school with a very inclusive, student-focussed approach - a great place to start my teaching career!"
Comments from our 2019/20 Trainees:
- “You have such a lovely school and such supportive, inclusive and warm staff – I couldn’t have been happier."
- “I genuinely enjoyed working in the school.”
- “Couldn’t have been better”
- "The training has been fantastic and incredibly useful.”
- “Really enjoyed my experience at South Craven, the support I’ve received has been fantastic.”
- “ I have very much enjoyed my time at South Craven. The first term has been one I will always remember. Working with such a supportive cohort of staff who are always there to give advice and guidance."