About Teacher Training
- Red Kite is a partnership of schools, across all phases, Primary, Secondary and Special, from inner city locations to rural contexts, based around Leeds and Harrogate and extending into North Yorkshire.
- Drawing on our long experience of working closely together, we have created an excellent school-based Initial Teacher Training programme which is tailored to individual needs and aspirations.
- Whether you are a new graduate, about to graduate or you are considering a change of career, our courses will give you the foundation you need for a great career in teaching.
- We offer bespoke Primary and Secondary Initial Teacher Training courses across a wide range of subjects and ages.
- To find out more visit www.redkitealliance.co.uk/teacher_training, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01423 535640.
We are delighted to let you know that you can now train to teach with South Craven School as a partner within the Red Kite Alliance which offers an excellent school-led pathway to train new teachers. Newly accredited as a school centred training provider, Red Kite Teacher Training offers innovative primary and secondary courses delivered extensively by outstanding practitioners, building on our track record of supporting and bringing new, talented teachers into the profession.
Some benefits of our one year training programme include:
- Being in school from day one at the very start of term
- A supportive and personalised development programme
- Training led by outstanding practising teachers
- Excellent placement schools
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) awarded by Red Kite Teacher Training
- PGCE awarded by the University of Leeds upon completion of modules providing 60 Masters credits
- Full access to the facilities at the University of Leeds
- 100% of our previous qualified trainees who applied for teaching posts found employment, many within our alliance of schools.
- Up to £30,000 tax-free bursaries and scholarships are available while you train for certain subjects
For information about our available places, the qualification and entry requirements, bursaries and scholarships, please visit our website. For general information visit www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching.
If you would like support and guidance on your application or would like to arrange taster days through our school experience programme please contact the Red Kite Teacher Training team at TeacherTraining@redkitealliance.co.uk.
- Spending time in a classroom is the ideal way to strengthen your application for teacher training.
- School experience gives you the chance to watch lessons and see for yourself what it is really like to be a teacher – and allows you to draw on your own examples in your application and interview.
- At South Craven we offer you the chance to experience what it is like to be in a classroom.
- If you are thinking of going into teaching and would like an opportunity to be in school then please contact Karen Higson directly at email@example.com or call 01535 639748.