South Craven School offers a variety of support throughout our students’ time at the school. The South Craven Learner underpins our wellbeing programme.
Support we offer includes:
- Split focus on personal/emotional wellbeing, economic wellbeing, citizenship and sex, relationships and health education (Years 7-10)
- Focus on careers and progression (Year 7-13)
- Catch-up tutoring
- Sixth Form PRIDE (Years 12 and 13)
Plans for tutorials (Years 7-11) can be found below:
- Beliefs and Values lessons (Year 9)
- Promotion of health and wellbeing (Science and PE lessons)
- SMSC (spiritual, moral, social and cultural) aspects taught in all lessons
- Sex, relationships and health education
- Enrichment activities
- Personal development throughout the curriculum
- External agency information and support on digital screens around school
- Wellbeing area in the Sixth Form Centre with leaflets, posters and business cards for students to take
- Extracurricular clubs
- Sports fixtures
- School performances/band
- Day visits/residentials
- Guest speakers
- School policies
- South Craven Learner (courage, enquiry, growth) and Sixth Form PRIDE ethos promoting resilience and character building
- Pastoral team
- SEMH Coordinator
- Mental health support team
- Designated Senior Lead for Child Protection/Safeguarding
- Learning Support team
- Sixth Form support team
- External agency support
Helplines and Websites for Young People
For external resources and information, please see our guide here.
All spaces (listed below) that have this logo in their window have sanitary products for students to use.
Please do not go in the room if there is no staff member in there.
- A1 (Airedale)
- Attendance Office (Craven)*
- Blue Base (Craven)
- Careers Hub (Dales)
- E1 (Eastburn)
- G3 (Glusburn)
- LRC (Fells)
- Maths Office (Bronte)
- Mental Health Support Room (Craven)
- Mrs A Taylor's Office (Year 9 Area)
- Mrs Andrews' Office (Year 9 Area)
- Miss Arbabha's Office (Year 9 Area)
- Miss Howe's Office (Sixth Form Centre)
- Miss Mason's Office (Year 9 Area)
- PE Office (Sport)
- Sixth Form Support Office (Craven)
- Sunshine Studio
- Year 7 Office (Craven)
- Year 8 Office (Craven)
- Year 9 Office (Craven)
- Year 10 Office (Airedale)
- Year 11 Office (Airedale)
*The Attendance Office also stocks reusable sanitary pads with resealable bags and spare underwear.
Students are welcome to take what they need, when they need it - no questions asked.
We understand that school and home life may be difficult for students with additional responsibilities, and offer a space in school where Young Carers of any age can get the support and guidance they need.
For more information on the support we offer Young Carers, see here.