Our aim is to provide top quality meals for our staff and students on a daily basis. Our meals are prepared fresh and from scratch on site every day. To the best possible extent we avoid using ready-made products; our bread, for example is freshly baked on site every morning. Our meals fulfil the nutritional needs of our students and workforce on a daily basis.
A good meal can only be as good as its ingredients. For this reason we have the following standards:
- All meat products are from a local butcher
- All our fruit and vegetables are from a local supplier
- We clean, peel and slice all of our vegetables and fruit every day
- We consider carefully how we prepare our products
- We cook with seasonal and regional produce
- We pay particular attention to seasoning; using healthy alternatives to salt
- We consider different cooking methods to provide healthy options
Food Allergies and Intolerances
Allergen information is held in school. If you have any queries or concerns please contact the Catering Supervisor.
Please note that Charity bun/cake/food sales are not covered by this information, including snacks prepared by students such as pancakes and waffles for the purposes of fundraising.
Year Group: Years 7-11
Room: Craven Hall
Students are welcome to buy breakfast, sit down and relax before the day begins.
We have sausage sandwiches, toast, fruit, hot chocolate and juice on offer - remember to top up your account!
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If you think your child may be eligible for free school meals please make an application via the online system we use here at South Craven by clicking this link: www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims
This confidential application process is easy to use and removes the need for checking paperwork here in school. On submission of the online application you will receive immediate notification confirming whether your child is eligible for Free School Meals. The school will also be informed of the decision and, if eligible, will ensure that your child receives free school meals from that date.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31st March 2022.