In the Physical Education Faculty we provide a range of opportunities for pupils to be active and enjoy physical activity.
We aim to make physical activity a central part of pupils lives and set them up for a healthy life in the future.
From studying a variety of sports to focusing on the body and lifestyles, students will discover there is more to sport than just the game.
What will I study?
Year 7 & 8
- Health and Fitness
- Table Tennis
As well as an introduction to BTEC, students will also continue to build on their core PE skills learnt in Years 7 and 8.
BTEC Introductory Year
- Components of fitness
- Principles of training
- Methods of training
- Anatomy and physiology
- Leadership in sport
Year 10 & 11
Core PE students have the options to choose activities that they would like to further develop.
- Unit 1: Fitness for Sport and Exercise - Onscreen Test
- Unit 2: Practical Sports Performance
- Unit 3: Applying the Principles of Training
- Unit 5: The Sports Performer in Action
How will I be assessed?
- Mixture of coursework and practical
- Four units of work - one of which is an onscreen test
What else can I get involved in?
Activities and Clubs
- We reguarly play fixtures in traditional sports against other schools in the local area
- We also enter regional competitions
- Fixtures are shared through the app 'Squad in Touch'
- Click here for more details
What career could I have with a qualification in Physical Education?
What can I study with a Physical Education qualification?
Courses you could study at university include:
- Food and Beverage Studies
- Sports Science
- Teacher Training
What career could I have with a Physical Education qualification?
Careers which require a Physical Education qualification include:
- Exercise Physiologist
- Fitness Centre Manager
- Personal Trainer
- Secondary School Teacher
- Sports Administrator
- Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Therapist