Parent Portal and Homework Planner
As a parent you have full access to your child’s digital homework planner and the South Craven Parent Portal.
The Parent Portal allows parents to see all the key information about their children in school, including rewards, behaviour and attendance data, the contact details of all your child’s teachers and all their SPM reports. The information is password protected so details about your child will only be accessible to you.
How can I sign-up to the Parent Portal / Homework Planner?
- Parents and Carers are automatically created an account based on information provided during the enrolment process at the beginning of the term, or when your child first joins South Craven School
- Parents of students who join us in Year 7 will receive their account details during the summer holidays
- Parents of students who join us mid-year or higher up the school will usually be set up overnight on the day the student starts
- Your login details are automatically generated and sent to your registered email address at this time
I have not received my login details, what do I do?
- Firstly, please check the “junk folder” of your email account to see if the email has been mistakenly flagged as spam. The subject line will be ‘South Craven Parent Account’
- If after checking the ‘junk folder’ of your e-mail account you are still unable to access your login information, please contact the IT Office
- The e-mail address to do so is ITSupport@southcraven.org or you can call us on 01535 632861 and follow the prompts
How do I access the Parent Portal / Homework Planner?
- The Parent Portal / Homework Planner is accessible from the web, using any modern web browser or as an app for Android and Apple devices
- The website address is http://homework.southcraven.org. Links to download the app are available on that page, or you can just search your app store for ‘South Craven’ and download the app
- You will need to provide your username and password to access the information
I am new to the Parent Portal / Homework Planner. How can I manage my password?
- It is highly recommended that you sign-up to the Self Service portal so that you can quickly and easily manage your password
- You can access the Self Service portal at http://selfservice.southcraven.org. To login for the first time you will need the username and password that was sent to you via e-mail
- You will be asked to provide answers to two security questions when you first login. These are used to reset your password in the event that it is forgotten
- Once you have completed the security questions, you will be logged into the Self Service Portal. You can update your password by selecting the ‘Self Service’ tab, and then choosing ‘Change Password’
I am enrolled with the Self Service portal, and have forgotten my password. What do I do?
- You can use the Self Service Portal to reset your password
- Please visit http://selfservice.southcraven.org and click on the ‘Reset Password’ link
- You will need to answer two security questions (You will have provided the answer to these when you first signed up), and will then be given the opportunity to create a new password
- This new password will work for the Parent Portal \ Homework Planner and the Self Service Portal
I am trying to login to ParentPay but my login details do not work?
- ParentPay is different to the Parent Portal, and is provided by a separate company - it therefore has different login details
- Your username for ParentPay is usually your email address
- If you need help logging in to ParentPay, please contact Mrs Penycate on 01535 632861 and follow the prompts
I would like more information on how to use the Parent Portal / Homework Planner.
- The guide is currently being updated on how to view student information
- The current guide shows how to view student homework, which can be found here.