If you have applied to go to university or college, you may be feeling worried or anxious about the status of your application during these uncertain times.
Please keep checking this page for updates from colleges and universities, which we will add to if / when we receive them.
Don't forget to keep checking your emails, as education providers may send you information.
- Bradford College is still accepting applications and are continuing to work towards welcoming students, new and returning, to College in the next academic year
- All applicants will now get a named point of contact and regular (monthly) text messages, emails and phone calls from their named officer
- The new online application form (www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/about/apply) will give students reassurance through the provision of an instant text message as soon as they apply
- If you are applying, please provide an email address that is not a school based one – this is to ensure Bradford College can keep in touch when you have left school
Due to the unusual circumstances and the fact that GCSE and A level exams have been cancelled, all offers made for further education and higher education courses will now be unconditional with subject to appropriate references.
What are appropriate references?
As yet, they are waiting for more information as this is so new, but it could be that they work with predicted grades, for example, from school, BUT they don’t yet know and are waiting for Awarding Organisation guidance. Be assured that no matter what happens they WILL have a place for you.
- If you haven’t yet accepted your place on your course, you can still do this by logging into your Craven College online account: apply.craven-college.ac.uk/
- Haven’t made an application yet? They are still accepting online application for future students via www.craven-college.ac.uk/apply
- If you have any questions or queries about any aspect of your application, please contact Admissions on firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the next steps?
You will next hear from the Admissions team in July with enrolment information and your time slot and day to attend in August.
Keep in Touch
To keep up to date with all things Craven College, check them out on their social media channels. You will find the newest updates from your chosen course area, events at College and videos/pictures.
Need Further Advice?
- Apprenticeships: email@example.com
- Vocational Courses & Degrees: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Queries: 01756 791411 or refer to www.craven-college.ac.uk
- The University has published information for applicants and offer holders on their website
- Information Web Page
Parents, guardians and students can get in touch to talk about courses, applications, finance, transport and all things Myerscough every day between 9am and 5pm via their Live Chat facility
Simply open the Myerscough College website and look for the "Let's Chat" Tawk.to chat box in the bottom right of your screen - one of their advisors will be online ready to chat to you or you can leave your details and they will get back to you as soon as possible
Accommodation bookings to go live ASAP
All pupils offered a place are guaranteed
Most offers will be made without interview, except for 'Inclusive Learning' where the transition team is involved - this is being dealt with the team and pupils, parents and carers will be informed
- Offers will be made on the basis of what students have put on their application form as their expected grades
- If students feel the grades they get don't reflect their ability, there is a 42 day settling period where decisions can be discussed to move them up or down once they have enrolled
Nelson & Colne College
- You will still be offered a place to study with Nelson & Colne from September, based upon your assessed grades and in line with the adapted grading approach for this year
- To answer any queries you may have, a Frequently Asked Questions page has been set up for their applicants, which can be viewed by visiting their website - these include interview details, New Student Day information, details of when to enrol, and more
- Given the rapidly changing landscape, they are continuing to follow the latest Government advice, and will update these FAQs on a regular basis - they can be found here
- They will also be updating our social media channels regularly - you can find them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Their posts will also include some inspirational ideas you may find useful, as we all work together to stay home and ultimately reduce the transmission of coronavirus
- If you have any concerns at all in relation to your application to study with Nelson & Colne, please do not hesitate in contacting the Admissions Team on 01282 440272 or by emailing email@example.com
Each applicant has received a tailored email, with further information on their chosen sector, news from their course, and some top tips on preparing for College. Below are links to each of these e-shots:
- A Levels
- Burnley FC Shadow Youth Team
- Creative Arts and Media
- Education and Childcare
- Hair and Beauty
- Health and Social Work Professions
- Law, Justice and Protective Services
- Sport and Sport Sciences
- There are also some further top tips on Preparing for College on a video, which the College has posted to social media
- Please see the letter here from the Universities Minister, Michelle Donelan, with an update on Government support to universities and students
The UCAS website has opened for all those who are looking to go to university in 2021
Whilst there is no option yet for applying or entering any specific student details it is now possible to browse courses and institutions and do some research into what you might like to study and where.
If you are unsure of what you can study with the subjects you are taking start by looking in Unifrog on the Subject Library.
> Go to www.ucas.co.uk
> Sign in (top right hand corner) and click on Undergraduate, select 2021 entry then Register
> You will be able to save your searches here
- Live webinars and pre-recorded presentations are available
- Scholarship and bursary applications are also now open
- Click here for information
University of Bradford
- The University of Bradford holds webinars and live events throughout the year, giving you an insight into life at Bradford, along with useful and practical information and advice which will guide you through your journey to University
- Click here for the webinars
University of Hull
- Visit their website here for information on webinar events by members of academic and professional staff at the University of Hull
- Please see the document below with reassurance and advice from the University
University of Kent
- The University is hosting webinars on various subjects
- Register here
- Book your place on the Virtual Open Day here
University of Leeds
- The University has been busy developing an exciting new programme of online workshops, presentations and digital resources
- Details of their recently launched activities and materials are outlined in this newsletter here
- See here for information on live Q&A sessions
- For information on their virtual open days see here
University of Leicester
- A newsletter has been put together with careers resources which can be accessed here
University of Nottingham
- Information on the virtual open day is here
University of Plymouth
- Online experiences available here
- UniTasterDays (in collaboration with HELOA) are delivering free university guidance webinars every Tuesday for the rest of the academic year, to support post-16 students considering university
- Different guest universities will attend each week, delivering sessions on important aspects of university guidance, with a moderated Q&A
- See here for information
- As part of our commitment to helping students aged 16-19 during the COVID-19 crisis, UK University & Apprenticeship Search are proud to announce Webinar Wednesdays
- In the absence of open days and events each session will provide expert information from universities and apprenticeship representatives to help students make the right decisions and perfect their applications
- Each webinar will feature a Question and Answer session to provide students with the opportunity to gain personalised advice
- See their website for details