In Key Stage 3 students study a variety of topics in a project-based format. These topics are ones that the students can relate to and are therefore inspired by.
Students work individually and in groups to improve their understanding of the business world and how it affects their lives and that of their families. In doing so, they improve their ability to communicate effectively, solve problems, make decisions, work both in a team and individually. In addition to this, they also learn how to manage risks and to think innovatively.
All of this underpins their basic business knowledge and will allow them to engage with the outside world effectively, making a valuable contribution to society.
Year 10 GCSE
We explore and investigate small business through:
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Spotting a business opportunity
- Putting business ideas into practice
- Making the business effective
- Understanding external influences
Year 11 GCSE
We look at building a business through:
- Growing the business
- Human Resources
WJEC Retail Business
- Unit 1 introduces learners to the business of retail and provides them with the opportunity to explore the dynamic and competitive nature of the retail industry. They will gain knowledge and understanding of different types of retail business and retail activity, as well as the impact of external factors on the industry.
- Unit 2 allows learners to develop knowledge and understanding of the principles of customer service for retail business and offers the opportunity for learners to develop skills in investigating the customer service experience across retail organisations.
- Unit 3 provides learners with the opportunity to develop their understanding of the importance of merchandising and marketing retail products, and how retail businesses use merchandising and marketing to achieve their aims. Learners will also apply their knowledge and understanding to develop their skills in designing visual merchandising installations and promotional materials that achieve specific aims.